Monday, January 25, 2010

At last...

Okay..a couple weeks ago I looked at this blog and thought.."Oh well, its been over a year since I've updated...nobody looks at it anyway, so why bother."  And then a few days ago my sister-in-law asked me if I was still updating!  So, here I am again..
For starters, here's a warning: I'm not a great writer(as my mother can attest to!), so this is just going to be straight forward and not one of those blogs that it is just a joy to read because its so beautifully written.  But I will try and keep everyone updated on what's happening in our family and how God is working in our lives.
Right now my poor babies are fighting off colds and Eilis has a fever to go with it.  Edward is doing a lot better, hardly any coughing and a little bit of a stuffy nose.  This isn't going to sound very good but it has actually been a blessing to me with Eilis not feeling good.  She is a very active little girl and doesn't like to sit still and the only time she cuddles is with Daddy.  But with her sick she's been wanting me to hold and snuggle her and its been really nice.  
God has richly blessed me with such a wonderful husband!  I am so grateful to Joshua for teaching me, especially his spiritual guidance.  It is such a blessing to have a godly man that seeks to serve God with his whole heart and leads our family in that.  I am so proud of my man and I like to brag on him so watch out!!! 
Well, I can't think of much else to say right now so I am going to end with an excerpt from Charles Spurgeon's Morning and Evening..


'O backslider, you may be cast down, but do not despair.  Wanderer though you have been, hear what your Redeemer says: "Return, O backsliding children; I will have mercy on you."  But you say you cannot return, for you are a captive.  Then listen to the promise: "Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler."  You will yet be brought out of all evil into which you have fallen; and though you will never cease to repent of your ways, He who has loved you will not cast you away.  He will receive you and give you joy and gladness, so "that the bones which [He has] broken may rejoice" (Ps. 51:8).  No bird of paradise will die in the fowler's net.'

No comments:

Post a Comment