Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yesterday...

was a wonderful day!  Joshua worked long days all week so that he just did a couple hours work from home yesterday, it was so nice to have a day off on Friday...and we still have today too!  It was a fun, relaxing, "go where the wind takes us" kind of day.  Joshua and I watched some shows off Netflix in the morning while the babies took their nap.  Then we needed to go to the store so we got the kids packed up and headed to town.  Went to Walmart first, and got a lot more than we went for :) then went driving around to see if there were any garage sales.  I didn't think there would be any at 3 in the afternoon on a Friday, but it was a good excuse to drive with the windows down and enjoy the beautiful weather!  Joshua started down this weird back road that he said was a shortcut to our destination, but he wouldn't tell me what our destination was!  We drove for about 10 minutes and ended up at Hannah's gas station in Niangua!  It was THE stop whenever Joshua's family would go to Niangua.  Eilis picked out some icecream bars and we ate them in the car with the windows rolled down.  I love these kinds of trips!  We headed back to Marshfield and stopped at the discount grocer and picked up a few things.  Then Joshua took me to the greenhouse and bought me a beautiful rose bush.  I don't have a pot for it yet, I'm getting one today, and then I'll post some pictures.  
I thought we were done with our excursion now but then Joshua pulled into the tennis courts!  It was a perfect day for tennis :)  Edward sat in the stroller playing with toys and Eilis ran around getting the tennis balls!  She loved it every time one of us missed the ball and sent her after it!  We packed up and headed home and then Joshua decided to take us out to eat for dinner.  So we stopped and ate dinner!  And then we finally came home!!!
It was such a fun family day! The weather was beautiful, we were all together, and we didn't have a plan, just doing whatever sounded good!  
Today, there is a schedule.  Joshua is at a church business meeting right now.  I'm getting stuff packed up and the kids ready for the day.  We're leaving around 10:30 to head to Papa and Grammie Burks' house so Joshua can help them with some stuff and then we have the Pregnancy Care Center banquet tonight.  
I've decided to think of something specific that I am thankful for each day.  Today I'm thankful for the handsome man that God gave me for my husband!  I hope that you all find something to thank God for today. 
~Tyana

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment