Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Growing up

My babies are growing up so fast its hard to keep up sometimes!  Eilis loves to put on Daddy's shoes after he gets home from work!  And she is completely in love with her little brother too!

Eilis is potty training, talking, undressing and dressing her baby doll, helping me clean house, and doing lots of little girly things.  Joshua bought her a little purse a couple months ago and she loves filling it up with toys and putting it on her shoulder to go byebye.  It's so cute!  We threw out her pacifiers last Saturday afternoon after she lost one while we were away from home and I didn't have a back up.  We'd been trying to decide when to bite the bullet and get rid of them because they were just becoming a nuisance, so we took the opportunity and she's doing great!  She goes to sleep just fine without one and has quit asking for it! :) 
Edward rolled over for the first time this afternoon and I totally missed it! :( I put him on the floor on his tummy while I was potty training Eilis, turned around to get him a toy and when I turned back around he was laying on his back staring up at me with this look of shock on his face! LOL...it was really cute!  I tried to get him to do it again so I could get a video of it but I guess once was enough to wear him out, because he wanted to go to sleep after that.  He's started overflowing all of his diapers too now so I guess its time to upgrade him to size 4 diapers!  Both of my children will be wearing the same size diaper now. :)
I feel like Edward is growing up so much faster than Eilis did.  I guess it's just because my life is that much more busy now than it was a year and a half ago.  I've had to start setting aside specific times where I just sit on the floor and play with the kids.  I never seemed to have a shortage of that kind of time when Eilis was four months old but now I have to schedule it and do it in place of something else that needs done or I don't get to do it.  I love playing with my babies and I pray that God will always allow me plenty of time to enjoy with them! 
Today I am grateful for every moment I get to spend with my children, even the training ones!

The proverb for today has a verse in it that I have learned to look at in a new light since becoming a wife and mother.  "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox." ~Proverbs 14:4   It is much easier to keep a clean house when there is just you to clean up after; and sometimes it gets frustrating when it seems like you just got done doing a major clean up when you find that there is already another one to do too.  But I've learned to find joy in that because this mess is a constant reminder of the beautiful blessings that God has given to me.  ~Tyana

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you are to me Tyana. I was not that wise as a mother. I was always too busy. Never saw how important it was to interact and play with them. I missed those times, and now that phase is gone never to return. The house will always need to be cleaned, laundry will always need done, the dishes will always need washed, but the babies will not always be babies!
    Love to you and your wonderful family
    Angie

    ReplyDelete